Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Food!! Part III

I feel like I haven't wrote here forever and is only been two days, anyways am back am having a little trouble with my computer charger. Continuing my food series I want to talk to you about a few yummy things.

Bread in Egypt is delicious! They don't have a special name for it is just the bread they use here to eat and is what we know back home as flat bread. Similar to Pita bread in the shape but totally different in is flavor. Is fluffy and is perfect when you eat it after is done. You can find bread everywhere in Egypt, I think they even sell it on the street. Here is a picture of it. If you buy a lot I recommend you put it on the freezer next day you just heat it up and it tastes delicious.



Egyptians love Feta Cheese they usually eat the bread with feta cheese. They also combined the cheese with different types of spices. My habibi bought a mixture of feta cheese with peppers and herbs and it tastes just too good. I called it Mexican cheese :) so if you can get your hands on it be my guest. Here is a picture.



Last but not least on my post today are dates cookies. They are really an acquire taste not many people will like them but dates is a very original fruit that grows in the middle east with that they make a paste which they use on this cookie. The cookie is a crunchy one and very soft at the same time. Here is a picture. 


Thank you for reading me and following me!! Until next post! 


Food!! Part III

Share:

Post a Comment

Facebook
Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us

71b809932686e4f45d8880b320d05c1d9d9866f691241a45a6
71b809932686e4f45d8880b320d05c1d9d9866f691241a45a6

Pages - Menu

© Caribbean Girl in Cairo All rights reserved | Theme Designed by Seo Blogger Templates