Friday, August 2, 2013

The Power up! - Desserts


I have been stuffing my face with so much Katayef that I'm honestly considering becoming one! Other than that I have come to be a fan of this new dessert or appetizer and decided to share it with you. Last year when my habibi introduce me to it I was not so into it but this year to my surprise I was craving it!

I do not know the name of this drink and habibi told me he does not know either so I am going to call it "The Power Up" Why? It is so full of sweetness and energy that honestly one drink and eat of that and you are off like a rocket!

Usually its use to break the fasting. Is very good on the stomach when you have not eaten or drank anything during the hole day and is very nutritious. One cup goes along way and believe me it gives you energy and everything about it is natural.

Here is the recipe and some pictures of the drink while I was making it the other day for Iftar. For those of you who don't know what Iftar means is basically the time for eating after fasting during Ramadan.

"The Power Up"
Serves 2

Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups of milk
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup raisins
1 cup of nuts (it can be your favorite here walnuts, peanuts or almonds) I use peanuts
1/2 cup of almonds (optional) I like both!
1/3 cup of dry apricots
1 1/2 cups of dates
1/3 cups of dry prune

It's very simple really just take all the dry ingredients in a mix bowl and mixed them together. Honestly you can add more and less of each thing depending on what you like as well as take some ingredients out that you don't like. After all is mixed up you pour the milk. After that mixed everything again and cover up. Put in the fridge for at least two hours those ingredients need t come together and believe me the milk is going to taste good.

After that serve up in a glass with a spoon and enjoy! Here are the pictures with the steps. I hope you enjoy this Middle Eastern treat! Until next post thank you for reading and following me!









The Power up! - Desserts

Share:

Post a Comment

Facebook
Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us

71b809932686e4f45d8880b320d05c1d9d9866f691241a45a6
71b809932686e4f45d8880b320d05c1d9d9866f691241a45a6

Pages - Menu

© Caribbean Girl in Cairo All rights reserved | Theme Designed by Seo Blogger Templates