Friday, August 8, 2014

Reverse Cultural Shock!

You must be wondering where have I been, since my last post. Well I am back in America! I decided it was time to move, a lot of things happening in Egypt and to be totally honest I was too isolated and depressed. I love Egypt with all my heart and I am hoping to visit soon but I needed fresh air!

After two and a half years of being away from my family I got the extreme pleasure of being with them again! I thank God I got the chance to be with them again. Now one of the things that happened to me was the reverse cultural shock. As an expat is something I have read about but to be honest I didn't think it was going to be so bad! First off my clothes were so out of place for Puerto Rico that my brother and dad were insisting I needed new stuff. Ah! What would I do without this men in my life?

The first time I wore a sleeveless shirt, I felt naked! Yes, a little extreme but I was use to dressing for life in Egypt. I feel so free now to be able to wear whatever without the fear of being harassed or judged. Is kind of invigorating. But I still have to fight with it!

In the food department... I am still struggling. My stomach is in constant pain and my colon is just not used to eating all those things I missed but now they are so bad for me! I hope I get better soon. The good part is that I have finally eaten Captain Crunch and milk!! Oh my word! What about the Krispy Kreme donuts! I am telling you I am in heaven!

I love being back home but part of me change in Egypt and some friends and family still don't get some of my changes and look at me in a weird way. But that's what happens when you open your mind to different cultures and you adapt and you redefine yourself and embrace new things in your life. My advice is to try to travel back home once in awhile I will not let it go that long again!

I will keep writing about my adventures and mishaps is kind of therapeutic for me! At the moment I am in El Paso, Texas visiting with my brother, let's see where the wind blows next time! Thank you for reading and following me!

Here are a few pictures of my beautiful Puerto Rico!!




Reverse Cultural Shock!

Share:

Post a Comment

Facebook
Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us

71b809932686e4f45d8880b320d05c1d9d9866f691241a45a6
71b809932686e4f45d8880b320d05c1d9d9866f691241a45a6

Pages - Menu

© Caribbean Girl in Cairo All rights reserved | Theme Designed by Seo Blogger Templates