Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy New year!

Happy Holidays and Happy New year!! This past year was wonderful it went so fast I still can't believe that is over. I love this time of the year I have too many reasons to celebrate! I landed in Egypt on January 12 so now is going to be two years since I came to Egypt. I start the new year with my birthday, I was born on January 2, then I have my Mother in Law's birthday on the 7th, then my Habibi's birthday is the 22 and my little brother and ant's birthday is the 23. A lot of birthdays for one month!!! Is like we save everything up for the beginning of the year and then after that we have the occasional birthday.

I guess if I have kids I should plan ahead to avoid overbooking January is too crowded as it is! Looking back I have had a lot of fun this year and honestly I am hoping for this new year to bring a lot of good things. I know in my plans for this year is to go visit my family I haven't been back since I came to Egypt. I am grateful that Skype and Time Face exist. My Christmas day would have been horrible with out it! I saw my nieces playing with their new toys and smiling, my brothers both of them are in different places but I got to see them both!Talked to my whole family in Puerto Rico each of them coming outside the house because the connection was bad on the Face Time so they could see me. Moments like that make me happy. There is no greater thing than seeing those who you love and miss even if is just for a moment. 

In all this I always think about my mom. I remember her laugh and her expressions and each time it gets a little easier not to cry at the memories. But I wish she could be in Egypt with me and meet my Habibi. I could go with her an show her all the wonderful things about the Pharaohs, my mom loved it. But I am happy and grateful for the family I have and for the moments that I share with them. One thing I love about them is that we are so loud, we love food and we love to laugh... a lot! We are not a boring family. My grandparents from my mom side were both comedians and even had a TV show in the 70's in Chicago. So what can you expect? We have no shame! I am so looking forward to Habibi spending time with all of them. For now is been small doses of the family!

I wish all of my readers many good things for this year! I have a few post coming up and to be honest things are looking a little ugly in Egypt we have the new parliament on January 12 if I am not mistaken and the anniversary of the revolution on Janurary 25th. If all goes well and we survive with out any bloodshed, I think there will be a lot of new things on the blog! So keep praying for Egypt and look for my new post if you are visiting soon I have an interview with an interesting party about a new way for tourist to experience Egypt. Don't miss it! Have a wonderful year people!



Happy New year!

Share:

Post a Comment

Facebook
Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us

71b809932686e4f45d8880b320d05c1d9d9866f691241a45a6
71b809932686e4f45d8880b320d05c1d9d9866f691241a45a6

Pages - Menu

© Caribbean Girl in Cairo All rights reserved | Theme Designed by Seo Blogger Templates