Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Egyptian Museum!!

Well it looks like I can finally cross this of my list! I went to the Museum and let me tell you it was AMAZING! For those interested in going they open from 9am -5pm the cost is 60LE for adults. First off there is something you need to know and let me tell you it pissed me off when I found out, no cameras allowed  inside!

Needless to say that was very disappointing especially since when we got there my camera didn't want the batteries we bought when we were on the way so my habibi left me in the museum and said I will buy some batteries for you and he went to get them, it took him like 10-15 minutes and when we were at the entrance with our tickets, boom! No cameras allowed. What?! OMG! the rush was for nothing! Well not for nothing because I took some pictures of some things they have outside.

Well let me tell you after that the "boricua" came out! At the entrance there is a checkpoint they check your bags to see if you have a camera and I just look at the guy and said "Don't you see we have the ticket for the camera? Of course we don't have a camera" LOL Oh well after that I stepped inside and well it was so... so, WOW! Everything is so big, they have things that date 300 B.C. and well it's so beautiful and intact!

My recommendation is to go see the Pharaoh Tutankhamun's exhibition it is the best and its simply out of this world. Me being a very curious person of course, I touched the hieroglyphics on the tombs! I couldn't help myself they were to beautiful and exact, I needed to feel them! LOL My habibi was like you do know you are the only touching things? I said yes, but is stone! Anyway I suggest you go believe me it is truly a great experience. The museum is super big to be honest I didn't see all of it so I guess another visit is in order.

Here are some great pictures I took outside with amazing sculptures and stones. Enjoy them and please visit the Museum believe me you won't regret it.















The Egyptian Museum!!

Share:

Post a Comment

Facebook
Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us

71b809932686e4f45d8880b320d05c1d9d9866f691241a45a6
71b809932686e4f45d8880b320d05c1d9d9866f691241a45a6

Pages - Menu

© Caribbean Girl in Cairo All rights reserved | Theme Designed by Seo Blogger Templates