Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Galabeya!


Galabeya!

This next topic is actually a very famous one, the Arab world is known for this form of dress and to be honest I am dying to buy one Galabeya myself. 

Egyptian galabeya (also called jilbab) is a loose, full-length gown with wide sleeves, often decorated with embroidery along it's hems, collar, sleeves and skirt.
Islamic Stores offer the Egyptian cotton galabeyas (jilbab) in various designs and in all sizes from small size to plus size.


When I was working in a nursery here in Cairo, I was surprised when one day they did a Galabeya party! To be honest the kids look so darn cute! I just started taking pictures of them like a crazy person. I wish I could share them with you but I can't. 

Now if you are like me and enjoy to embrace in the costumes and traditions of a country I suggest you go and buy a Galabeya. Depending on the style you can use it for weddings or for a normal day. 

One thing is for certain, not much thinking about fashion! You just put this on add some shoes and you are out the door. There is no need to see if the pants match the shirt and the shoes or  thinking does this look good with this? LOL Instead you just put the Galabeya on and you are ready to go. By the way men also were the Galabeya,  so is normal to see a guy wearing what we in the western consider a dress. 


Here are some pictures so you get the idea. 







Thank you for following me and reading me! 

Galabeya!

Share:

Post a Comment

Facebook
Blogger

2 comments:

  1. Hi Caribbean Girl in Cairo
    I really like the golden one! But with my pallor I'd probably have to go for the black one with gold on. Where can I get this from, and how much! To England...Thanks, Fiona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Fiona

      You can find them in E bay and well I think there are some online stores that sell them too. Usually they go around $20-60 depending on the material and the design. Of course here in Egypt you can find them starting at 30 LE ($5)! Thank you for reading me and I hope you find a beautiful Galabeya!! Oh! By the way the gold one comes in more colors the same style!

      Delete

Follow Us

71b809932686e4f45d8880b320d05c1d9d9866f691241a45a6
71b809932686e4f45d8880b320d05c1d9d9866f691241a45a6

Pages - Menu

© Caribbean Girl in Cairo All rights reserved | Theme Designed by Seo Blogger Templates